Saturday, May 16, 2009

Friday the 13th by Phoebe a.k.a Phebs

Author : Phoebe a.k.a Phebs
Title : Friday the 13th
Link : http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/aethia321/
Status : Completed
Reviewer : Anna Sungmin @ RawrOutLoud

Warning : The reviewer may not know the author and vice versa. We are here to review your fan fiction as honest as we can in order for you to improve. Irritating words and eye-sore critics may appear in this, -directly or indirectly. But all of that is for no other means, except to aid you in improving yourself. My POV may differ from others. I sincerely apologize if my review contains any offensive comments and criticisms. Thank you.

Title : 5/5
Unlike any other title, this title helps the story to bring out on how there's no such thing as born with bad luck. I like it even though it is simple and straightforward.

Poster/Background : 9/10
Yes, I like the poster but the pictures are not blending together with the background. Shades of white can be seen around the characters' pictures, which make the poster less 'perfect'. However, I feel like Junsu and Jaejoong are at the same place which is good. ^^ I love the wording too ^^

Forewords : 3/10
It is very simple and you're just describing on what is bad luck and how it happened to be in that girl's life. Surely that will be fine, but it is too short. I found this one amusing though, “Her mom died when giving her birth and her friends said that she's bringing bad luck”. You should put it in the forewords, and of course, with more details :D

Plot : 14/15
Honestly, I LOVE every plot that you did. You know how to put every small things that she encountered and made them into wonderful chapters. I simply never got bored reading your fanfic. I like how things are organized and have logical sequences here.

Creativity/ Originality : 13/15
Marks for creativity for making Jaejoong two persons at a time. One, for making him so sweet in general view and second, for making me want to go into your story and slam his face on the wall for not remembering his own girlfriend and believing in Tiffany instead. Your story made me go up and down emotionally, and I think it's a good thing. I can almost feel what Hyo Joo was feeling. Although for originality, it may not be 100% perfect, but it is still good.

Flow : 8/10
It was pretty fast at the beginning, but in the middle it was very fine and lovely. The part before Jaejoong remembered Hyo Joo was a little fast. It'll be good to show how jealous Jaejoong was when Junsu announced Hyo Joo as his girlfriend.

Spelling/Grammar/Vocabulary : 7/10
There are some mistakes in the spelling and also tenses, but they didn't bother me much. Some sentences are confusing cause you used present tense and also past tense at the same time. Your vocabulary is admirable because you put in simple vocabs but enough to make it outstanding. (Sometimes big words are very boring too)

Characterization : 10/10
Perfect. I don't need to say more cause I think it is very good..

Writing style : 8/10
Not much problem, except for the {thoughts}, which I have mentioned earlier in the other reviews.

Overall enjoyment : 5/5
Very, very, very good. I'm not trying to be flattering or what, but it is true.

Sub total : 82/100

Bonus : 3/5

Total : 85/100
For a first-timer, this is a very good grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment