Friday, July 31, 2009

Cry by Anna

Title: Cry
Author: Anna
Link: www.winglin.net/fanfic/cry_AS/
Status: One Shot
Reviewer: Lyselmae Atienza – Latienza @ Rawr.Out.Loud


*NOTE* Do not be insulted by the comments that I, the reviewer, make. I am here to help the author and not criticize the author. I have nothing against the writer. I am a STRICT reviewer, so please do expect reasonable grades.– Latienza


Title: 4/5
Your title is very simple, yet unique. The connection between the title and the story is very strong. Like you said, the mood of the poster wasn’t really great. The poster is great, there’s only a somewhat connection between the title and poster concerning the MOOD. Besides that, I liked your title.

First Impression: 9/10
Your fic was very clean and well organized. Everything was intact.

Forewords: 9/10
Your forewords were great! It was well detailed, yet it didn’t give away the story. The only thing, I would say, you were missing was the introduction of the author/characters. I have nothing else to say but great job :)

Plot: 15/15
I would say that this is one of the best ‘sad’ plots I’ve read. Everything was connected and well organized. I really didn’t expect a sad ending but it was surprising. It wasn’t at all bad.

Creativity/Originality: 14/15
You added a lot of creativity and originality into this story. Concerning your creativity, your poster was great. In the story, instead of a fictional character, you used yourself as a lead. This goes also for the originality. The plot was your originality itself.

Flow: 10/10
The flow was perfect. It wasn’t too fast or to slow. I loved reading it.

Spelling/Grammar/Vocabulary: 9/10
You were awesome with your English. Your language was very deep. You made 1-2 mistakes. It may be too small to notice. For example:
“letting them fell with a loud thud.” Your tense here was wrong. ‘fell’ should be ‘fall’
But that was just a small mistake.
Also, try not using complex words all the time because people may get confused or maybe have no idea what you’re saying, right? Besides all that, you should continue what you’re doing.

Characterisation: 10/10
I have nothing against your characters. During the story, you let the readers learn about the character’s personalities. It was perfect.

Writing Style: 10/10
Your writing style was great. It was very easy to read, yet it was professionally done and written.

Overall Enjoyment: 3/5
I liked your story.

Sub Total: 93/100

Bonus: 2/5
1. For giving me the honour in reviewing your story.
2. Saving me from writing a long review.

Total: 95/100

No comments:

Post a Comment