Saturday, March 20, 2010

Some Like It Secret by GD-Babyism

Title: Some Like It Secret
Author: GD-Babyism
Reviewer: ForgottenJuliet @ http://thrashing-ideas.blogspot.com/



Title 4/5:
The title I thought was eyecatching and quite mysterious which lurns the reader in, but there's something about the way it's written that seems a bit iffy to me. To me, it'll sound better if it was like "Some like it AS A SECRET" but that's just my opinion on it.



First Impression 7/10:
The poster was good, but it just seems like the characters aren't blended it well together. It doesn't seem much of an attention grabber.



Forewords 9/10:
This was a very very good forewords in my opinion. It really captures the reader's attention and it appears quite suspenseful. I like the way you did your characters but it did lack the appearance of the characters which I did take the mark off for.



Plot 11/15:
The plot is quite amusing to read but I think you tried to include too many events happening at the same time. Sometimes, it does get quite confusing.



Originality 9/15:
This plot has been done quite a number of times and like you said, it's your typical Gossip Girl, high school drama kinda thing, which isn't really original. However, some of your ideas were a first I've read so I didn't take that many marks off.



Flow 9/10:
It flowed very well. It's just the occasional confusion here and there.



Spelling/Grammar/Vocabulary 10/10:
I hardly found any mistakes here and your range of vocab is quite good.



Characterisation 7/10:
I thought there were a bit too many characters needed which does confuse the reader sometimes. And some of your characters seem extremely similar to one another.



Writing Style 8/10:
I adored your writing style. I truly did. But there are times where long sentences and massive paragraphs did bug me. It seemed like you tried to add unnecessary words into it to make it seem more sophisticated and detailed which isn't always a good thing.



Overall Enjoyment 4/5:
I really enjoyed reading the story. It's just those little things about your writing style and characterisation here and there that irked me.



Sub Total:
79/100



Bonus points 3/5:
I'm sorry it took soooooo long !!!



Total; 82/100

No comments:

Post a Comment