Sunday, May 16, 2010

Illusion of Forever; Goodbye

Title: Illusion of Forever; Goodbye
Author: Sung.ii.ee
Link: http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/IoFG/
Reviewer: dramafreak4eva @ http://thrashing-ideas.blogspot.com/

Title: 5/5
It did suit the story well and if I were going through a list of titles, I’ll choose this one because it does sound and look eye catching and fascinating. It’s a well chosen title even if it is slightly long.

First Impression: 8/10
The poster could’ve been better but the mood of it suited the story well.

Forewords: 6/10
The forewords were very short for a normal foreword. More descriptions should’ve and could’ve been added just to lighten the mood and also let the readers get more information of the main characters and summary. Although you did add all of the necessary information such as title, genre, length etc, a character description would’ve just been great. A preview would’ve been great if added, just to capture the reader’s attention at first sight. Yes, it’s based on a song but more background information is needed.

Plot: 13/15
The plot is very interesting and capturing because it’s a very unique storyline. Once I got started, it just seemed like the atmosphere was different from a normal story. I do not know why and what it felt like but I’m sure it was just different. Once I got into the storyline, I knew it would be a very good story and since you had got good writing skills, the story was even better. The ending I thought, could’ve been better although what you wrote was good.

Creativity/Originality: 12/15
It is creative and also original. I don’t think I have read a story like this before, maybe I have but this for sure, is one of the stories I’ve read like this. It is based on a song so I deducted a few marks. Other than that, very interesting to read and I just couldn’t stop reading when once I started it.

Flow: 8/10
Everything flowed pretty well, although the ending seemed a bit rushed. Since it was well written, no criticisms. There wasn’t anything dragging on and on which some cliché story does and that really makes me frustrated and also nothing was out of the ordinary.

Spelling/Grammar/Vocabulary: 8/10
I didn’t have any huge problems with your spelling or vocabulary. Your grammar, I did found some slightly small errors but they aren’t that noticeable so it’ll pass. Remember, reading over your work helps but that’s probably what you already do.

Characterisation: 9/10
You have very good characterisations in the story. Details were clear and I can imagine almost every scene inside my head while reading your story. I got confused at first about the characters because it seemed like you were skipping parts and so I didn’t get it. And then, I finally got the characters, not clearly but I understood them pretty well.

Writing Style: 9/10
You have a great writing style. It’s understandable, easy to read, clear and not messy. As I said before, I can imagine the scenes in my head pretty clearly. I really liked you how set everything out. Good work, no criticism from me.

Overall Enjoyment: 5/5

Sub Total: 83/100

Bonus: 4/5

Total: 87/100
Thanks for requesting at i-DEAS! Don’t be let down by my score, I’m a strict reviewer and that is a high mark for my reviewing overall totals.

No comments:

Post a Comment