Saturday, May 22, 2010

An Encounter With 5 Angels by SuperSapphire

Title: An Encounter With 5 Angels
Author: SuperSapphire
URL: http://winglin.net/fanfic/SuperSapphire7
Reviewer: dramafreak4eva @ thrashing-ideas.blogspot.com

Title: 3/5
Since the story isn’t finished, I don’t think the title is really all that suiting to the storyline. I mean, the story is actually revolved around the “Evil SHINee” than more of the “Angel SHINee” but I guess if you mean in the end they change because of the reader then, it suits the storyline. The title is slightly long but usually length doesn’t matter. If I were skimming through titles and choosing an interesting one to read, I don’t think this would be one.

First Impression: 8/10
The poster was nice but could’ve been a bit brighter because it is trying to make SHINee happy and all “angelic”. The background is okay but it slightly interfered with the text at some parts of each chapter.

Forewords: 9/10
The forewords were very well written and included all the things that was needed; e.g. Necessary information, summary, character descriptions, preview, etc. A foreword like yours would most likely capture readers. Glad you did a good job on it. I had to deduct just one mark because I just feel something is missing from it, I do not know what but something is.

Plot: 13/15
I found the plot very interesting to read because it just captured me once I started reading. It’s a very exciting and capturing storyline indeed. Although it’s not quite original as there are a few of similar storylines like this, yours is modified a bit which meant it’s not “cliché”. But well done on creating the plot, I really enjoyed it. However, I have not read the ending so I’m not able to judge it fairly well so I gave you a pretty high mark.

Creativity/Originality: 12/15
As I said above, it’s not original but indeed creative. You had parts that really lightened up your story and made so much more exciting to read and for readers/myself to continue on reading. When I started reading, your story literally ‘hooked’ because I just loved it. You can improve but making it more “original” and doing/adding things that no one has done before, just rack your brain.

Flow: 8/10
The flow at the beginning was quite well; everything flowed well and nicely but then started to feel like you were rushing in the middle of the story? It really did. Even though the story isn’t finished, from what I’ve read it really seems like you’re rushing the part where Key and the reader are starting to like each other or actually Key liking the reader.

Spelling/Grammar/Vocabulary: 8/10
You didn’t have many huge mistakes or errors, just some here and there. All three; spelling, grammar and vocabulary were pretty okay. Just a tip, reading your work or asking a peer to check it for you will help but you probably do that anyways.

Characterisation: 8/10
You gave pretty good character descriptions in the story. I understood the reader and SHINee well, but not greatly well. You can improve but adding more information about the characters and also like background details too. If you do that, you’ll find that readers and reviewers will find it much easier to understand things well.

Writing Style: 8/10
Your writing style was pretty good. I favour your writing style because it’s understandable, neat, clear and isn’t all over the place. No criticism here, just compliments. Good job.

Overall Enjoyment: 4/5

Sub Total: 81/100

Bonus: 4/5

Total: 84/100

I enjoyed reading your story as I’m a very huge fan of SHINee, especially Key.
I hoped your learnt something and thanks for requesting from i-DEAS :]
I’m a strict reviewer so don’t be let down by my overall total.

No comments:

Post a Comment