Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Heart Of Stone

Title : Heart Of Stone
Author : Krista
URL : http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/HeartBeatx3
Status : On-going
Reviewer : Mickey @ RawrOutLoud

Warning : The reviewer has nothing against the author. This is just an honest and strict review which will help the author to improve himself/herself in the next attempt of writing a story. Please do not get angry if there any unpleasant comments.

Title: 3/5
So far, the title doesn`t seem to go along with the story as much. While I was reading your chapters, I had a hard time trying to figure out how the title relates to the story.

Poster/Background: 10/10
The poster is absolutely beautiful. It had a nice vibe to it, and I thought that it went really nice with the story.

Forewords: 5/10
Since the forewords had nothing but the characters, it seemed kind of plain, but it was actually somewhat interesting. You including not only what their like, but a bit of the story plot as well.

Plot: 11/15
This is my first time reading a plot like this. It seemed very different from other stories I read, because I don`t usually read stories that happen AFTER marriage. Also, with Danielle becoming a nanny for the kids, everything seems new to me.

Creativity/Originality: 11/15
Like I said before, everything seems to be original except with the parts when Yunho doesn`t have time for his kids, I`ve read a SOME stories like that. But excluding that, everything seemed to be fine.

Flow: 5/10
I thought the plot seemed to go a bit fast for me. It seemed like it would jump from place to place without you even describing what happened in between those times. You seem to skip times, like… “two days later—“ and stuff like that.

Spelling/Grammar/Vocabulary: 9/10
I didn`t seem to have any problems with your spelling, actually. I didn`t bother me while I was reading, so that`s a good thing.

Characterization: 6/10
Honestly, I wasn’t able to figure much about the characters. Everything is pretty much that Danielle is a good person and so is Yunho but he doesn`t show it. Also, you haven`t mention that Danielle was a black person until later in the story. You should try to put that she`s a black person in your forewords, because the whole time, I have thought she was a Korean person. Although, I was really able to picture the characters in my mind, because you describe them really well.

Writing Style: 9/10
Your writing style didn`t seem to bug me at all. It was really neat and understandable. It was easy and you described what was going on in small sentences without really leaving much out.

Overall Enjoyment: 4/5
Yes, I really did enjoy this story. To be honest, I check up on your story couple of times a week to see if you have updated. This so far, is a really cute story ^^ I can`t wait for your next chapters ! I won`t be a silent reading, so look out for the username, “mickeyyyxD” because that`s me. LOL

Sub Total: 73/100

Bonus: 2/5
Congrats! You have a new reader, me. (:
I look forward to your next updates !

Total: 75/100

No comments:

Post a Comment