Wednesday, December 2, 2009

July 26th [One Shot] by Star-chan

Author: Star-chan
Title: July 26th [One Shot]
URL:  http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/July26/
Reviewer: Mickey

Title : 4/5
` The title had me wondering what it was going to be about, but at the same time, it wasn’t eye-catching.
It’s a wonderful title, but you once get to understand what it actually means after reading the story.

First Impression : 8/10
` My first impression of the story, I didn’t that that it would be a super sad story. I thought by looking at the colors, it would have been more happy/sad, instead of sad throughout the whole story. The poster and background is beautiful though.

Forewords :  9/10
` Your forewords had gotten me absolutely hooked. Wondering what it would be about and also got me thinking about my true friends. It was a bit confusing to me though. I had no idea what was going on though. I had to read it about five times before actually reading the story.
Plot : 14/15
` Your plot was really good. I have never read something like this, because I usually don’t like reading sad type of stories. This is a story I would have recommended to anyone who was looking for a story to read. At first, I was very confused on what was going on. I literally had to read the first couple of paragraphs a couple of times. I didn’t know who was talking or who the narrator was talking about.
 
Creativity/Originality : 15/15
` Like I stated above, this is an original.

Flow : 8/10
` The flow was great, but while I was reading the story, I felt like it was dragging on. You wrote in big, long paragraphs which is a great thing, but because it was confusing and had to keep re-reading it, if felt long.

Spelling/Grammar/Vocabulary : 10/10
` I have nothing to say here, everything seemed to be fine to me.

Characterization : 5/10
` Throughout the whole story, I had no idea who you were talking about it. You didn’t use any names but instead used: brother, sister, me, etc.
While I was reading, I just couldn’t keep up on who the narrator was talking about. The girl who died or any of the other names should have a name, just so it’s easier to understand about who the narrator was talking about. It was hard to catch up on everything with the characters.

Writing Style : 8/10
` Your writing style was awesome, although it got me confused on some parts. I felt like you crammed too much in one paragraph or too little in one paragraph. But your writing style was really clean and nice. You have a very unique/nice way of writing and by the way I read your story, I know that you’ll be even a more awesome writer in the future.

Overall Enjoyment : 5/5
` I REALLY enjoyed reading this Story. I usually don’t read sad kind of stories, so yours is actually the first story I have read that was a sad story. I like more of the comical/romance kind of stories, but this story was very unique.

Sub Total : 86/100
Bonus : 3/5
` thanks for requesting @ i-DEAS!

Total : 89/100

No comments:

Post a Comment