Saturday, March 14, 2009

No Way Out by ChristAineXtine

Author : ChristAineXtine
Title : No Way Out
Link : http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/CX_08/
Status : Completed
Reviewer : Anna Sungmin @ RawrOutLoud

Warning : The reviewer may not know the author and vice versa. We are here to review your fan fiction as honest as we can in order for you to improve. Irritating words and eye-sore critics may appear in this, -directly or indirectly. But all of that is for no other means, except to aid you in improving yourself. I sincerely apologize if my review contains any offensive comments and criticism. Thank you.

Title : 4/5
I like the title, and there’s not much problem with it. Except if I were to point correctly to your story, it is about forced marriage. It’s true that there’s no way out. The poster and the title itself said that there’s no way out. But it kind of give the impression that Ella was not even trying. She was just giving up completely.

Poster/Background : 8.5/10
Ella looks dramatic and the color is not powerful enough. It is drowned by the background. But I added marks because of the effort in making the poster by yourself.

Forewords : 6.5/10
It doesn’t tell on who Ella and Chun are in here. It tells more about Baron Chen. Why not, instead of putting the scene where they first met, put the atmosphere during her marriage. On how she was reluctant to do it, and did she even think about Chun when she decided to take up his proposal? Besides, your introduction towards the story is kind of short.

Plot : 10/15
The plot of the arranged marriage didn’t really amuse me, because all that ever happened was each side will be hurt and so on. But the way you delivered it, was fine.

Creativity/ Originality : 11/15
To say that the storyline is original, it’s not really true. Arrange marriage is common nowadays. So people expect of what’s going to happen. I am happy that your story is one-shot, or it will probably led to scandal after marriage, which is not interesting. Plus, it was really surprising on how Chun didn’t know that she was married. As if he had forgotten her completely after the break-up. And some parts were pretty cliché. Take the example on when Ella called him ‘hun’ for the last time. Don’t you think that if they still love each other, Chun will definitely get her back? But what made me like was the part when Ella felt relieved after saying that to Chun. She didn’t regret telling Chun that it will be the last time. And the end, the poem was really good. I don’t know if the other reviewers or reader thinks that it’s old-fashioned but I like the way you’re telling the whole situation by the poem.

Flow : 8/10
It is fast. I wish I could see the moment when Ella was getting married. And the part where she met Chun was also fast. I guess things change just like that, don’t they?

Spelling/Grammar/Vocabulary : 8/10
Spotted some spelling mistakes and tenses error. Some grammar errors. And the usage of Vocabulary is okay. You did use some interesting words in some places. Also, mind your direct speech. I found some regular mistakes there, such as punctuations and stuffs.

Characterization : 7/10
Stated earlier that Chun’s personality wasn’t explained clearly, so did Ella’s. So I can’t really say the characterization is perfect. But it’s good that you didn’t mess the whole characters in the content.

Writing style : 8.5/10
Easy to understand, but there’s still room for improvement. :D

Overall enjoyment : 3/5
To say that I rarely read story about Chun and Ella. Might as well say that I’m not used in seeing them going along. Although I do watch them frequently. I didn’t bore myself while reading your story

Sub total : 74.5/100

Bonus : 3/5
Wow, you have a lot of EllaChun stories. :D

Total : 77.5/100

No comments:

Post a Comment