Friday, June 12, 2009

Changed by UnknownViet

Author : UnknownViet
Title : Changed
Link : http://winglin.net/fanfic/stec/
Status : COMPLETED
Reviewer : Anna Sungmin @ RawrOutLoud



Warning : The reviewer may not know the author and vice versa. We are here to review your fan fiction as honest as we can in order for you to improve. Irritating words and eye-sore critics may appear in this, -directly or indirectly. But all of that is for no other means, except to aid you in improving yourself. My POV may differ from others and I may be wrong. I sincerely apologize if my review contains any offensive comments and criticisms. Thank you.


Title : 4/5
To be honest, I like this type of title. Short and simple, yet it is mysterious. It makes us want to read more and find out what has changed. But somehow, it is too ambiguous.. I cannot tell whether the guy has changed or what. It is just the title or everything seemed too draggy?


First impression : 10/10
I can't lie about this but I really admire your poster and background. Not as a reviewer, but as a sincere reader. I saw your poster earlier @ROL and I was really amazed to see you using uljjang instead of famous singers or actors. The poster is very well done and the font color matches with it. So perfect score.


Forewords : 6/10
I was curious about your first story, which is “the end” so I came to read that one after I was finished with this story. Unfortunately, I saw the same, repeated sentence which doesn't lift up my mood in reading it. It was confusing too on how Chi Hoon changed without telling us in which part did he actually change. I don't know if it is just me, but it was left vaguely without proper explaination.


Plot : 12/15
The plot is a bit cliché and overly used where the guy was trying to find the girl because of the mistake that he made. But I don't get it why Miki can't learn to understand him and why did she let him blame himself for everything? Another is maybe because all events were focused on valentine's day, which is common. I was also wondering what happened to Miki after that.


Creativity/ Originality : 13/15
Not much for your originality but I really like on how you twisted the story and brought in a lady into the scene to help him arouse his courage by giving him inspiration. The bad thing is, you used the same reason normal people would do, “I can't live without her, after she's gone I am nothing.” or something around that line. It is really boring to see people discouraging themselves just because of a person. I know and I understand completely how he felt when he lost Miki, but why didn't he fight for her earlier? Why must he wait after 2 years? It's good that you changed Chi Hoon into another person who fought back for Miki, or else you're going to lose more marks. So well done.


Flow : 7/10
I can't say that I am satisfied with your flow because the ending was so sudden and abrupt. Miki's respond was totally unexpected and you left us hanging after that. However, I can put it in my understanding if you wanted the story to end in a tragic, mysterious way.


Spelling/Grammar/Vocabulary : 8.5/10
If you were trying to improve your grammar and vocabulary, I think you did pretty well. I spotted few mistakes though, but they're just minor mistakes. You have good range of words and things were explained very clearly.


Characterization : 9/10
I know both are uljjang and I am familiar with Miki, but her personality here is different from what an uljjang should be. So a big congratulation to you. I don't want to see such jerky and stupid people, but your characters differ from the real world, which is very good. They are innocent and for a moment I forgot that the girl was Miki. Oh, Miki's description wasn't elaborated that well, it would be better if you did so.


Writing style : 9/10
Not much of a problem although there are some packed sentences.


Overall enjoyment : 4/5
Yes, I enjoyed it very well despite that I was confused of Chi Hoon's change and the unsatisfying ending.


Sub total : 82.5/100


Bonus : 1/5
For using uljjang instead of 'common' characters..


Total : 83.5/100
Well done ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment