Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Love Installation by babycrickett

Title: Love Installation
Author: babycrickett
Link: http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/babycrickett2/
Reviewer: Lyselmae Atienza – Latienza @ Rawr.Out.Loud

*NOTE* Do not be insulted by the comments that I, the reviewer, make. I am here to help the author and not criticize the author. I have nothing against the writer. I am a STRICT reviewer, so please do expect reasonable grades.– Latienza

Title: 4.5/5
Wow, your title is very original. I really found it interesting and new. It’s a very unique title. I didn’t quite get the connection of the title, the keyboard, and the caption. Since the caption says: “Have you located your HEART ma’am?” I found that it connected greatly with the title, but concerning the keyboard on the poster… I wasn’t so sure, UNTIL I read the forewords, I understood everything. But overall, I loved your title!

First Impression: 8/10
With first impression, I was really stunned. The title really captured my attention, while the poster and background were really done well. It did give me a bit of confusion, concerning the connections as I have mentioned before, but it was really good. I couldn’t wait to read it. Next time, just make sure that you improve on your quotes and poster features, because it can really confuse readers.

Forewords: 9/10
This is really tremendous! Even though the forewords is short, it was good enough to attract a reader in waiting for future updates. This is the first time I ever seen such a foreword structure. It didn’t consist of certain characters, but it was indeed interesting. Next time, maybe communicate with your readers, as of introducing yourself, etc. Besides that, I loved your forewords.

Plot: 15/15
This is the first time I actually gave someone a full mark on this topic. Your plot was definitely incredible and original! I have never seen or encountered such plot. Great job!

Creativity/Originality: 14/15
Like I said, it was really different. It was really creative. It was interesting, plus it can teach many people a lesson. I didn’t give you a full mark because it felt as if something was missing. SOMETHING that can’t be identified… at least I can’t. But I honestly loved it.

Flow: 9/10
The flow was tremendous. No sudden stops, or fast forwards.

Spelling/Grammar/Vocabulary: 9/10
You rarely made mistakes, clearly, it was obvious that you edited it carefully. But there were at least 2 mistakes I noticed.

Characterisation: 5/10
For this fanfic, the characterisation was clearly acceptable, but since I’m supposed to mark you on this, you get a low mark, because the characters could be ANYONE.

Writing Style: 8/10
The writing style was good. It could be improved in various ways like the paragraph style, etc. As long as you don’t do it in script, it’ll be fine.

Overall Enjoyment: 4/5
I guess this goes for the reviewer’s point of view. I liked it… but I wanted to, somehow, read this in a longer version, not a one-shot. I know that it’s going to be difficult… but you never know right?

Sub Total: 85.5/100

Bonus: 3/5
I have NEVER written such a short review! Saved time ;) Anyways, I gave you a 3 because:
1. The plot was unique
2. You requested at ROL
3. & You had a very interesting one shot.

Total: 88.5/100
THANKS for requesting at ROL! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment