Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Fangirl's Letter by geesoo

Title: A Fangirl's Letter
Author: geesoo
Link: http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/02GEE
Status: Completed
Reviewer: Buju / i-DEAS


Title: 5/5
It fit perfectly with the story.

First Impression: 10/10
Wow! I just LOVED the blending of the poster! Latienza's a great designer lol. And the chosen text colors all matched greatly. Very pretty!

Forewords: 10/10
I'm so glad you didn't put "the lists" where you give the name of each character and told their age, jobs, relationships, etc. Those really bother me and there's no point to it because you don't see real authors writing them, do you? Sorry for ranting, but anyways it was a great introduction and didn't give away any important details.

Plot: 11/15
There wasn't much of a plot because the whole story mainly consists of a letter, but it has the kind of ending I liked, blunt and mysterious-ish.

Creativity/Originality: 13/15
The story idea doesn't ring out as original to me, but the descriptions in the letter was actually pretty creative because I think most fan letters would say "Oh, I'm a great big fan of yours and wanna become friends, maybe we can meet some day, blah blah blah" but yours doesn't do that.

Flow: 7/10
I think Wooyoung's reaction was unexpected and changed too fast for someone who was reading a letter from someone they don't know at all.

Spelling/Grammar/Vocabulary: 9.5/10
Everything was perfect, except for this one sentence: "Someone radiating just plain awesome", it sounds sort of funky to me. Maybe "Someone radiating plain awesomeness" would sound better.

Characterisation: 6.5/10
From what I read, I didn't really "get to know" the fangirl because there weren't enough details (such as her thoughts or actions) to show her personality. I would've guessed that she's either really sensitive and observant or she is just obsessed. But I can understand some of Wooyoung's traits through the details you provided.

Writing Style: 7/10
Your writing style makes it easy to read the story, but repetitiveness shouldn't be overused. I found myself skipping the beginning of each sentence to read the ends instead because of this.

Overall Enjoyment: 3/5
I really liked the good choice of words and Wooyoung's reaction although it was unexpected.

Sub Total: 82/100

Bonus: 3/5
1. For not making a boring fan letter.
2. For using the kind of ending I like.
3. For inspiring me to write another fanfic! (But who knows, I'll probably end up not writing it cuz I'm too lazy... ToT)

Total: 85/100

No comments:

Post a Comment